Title: My Mind's Eye
Series: Pub Fiction #1
Author: Gillian Jones
 Release Date: June 2, 2015


Blurb

Ryker

She is the epitome of the girl next door, but with a feistiness that makes my dick throb.

I'm drawn to her like no other. She stirs things in me I have no desire to feel, makes me long for things I shouldn't.

This is my game. I choose the players. I never play for keeps.

I don't believe in fate. I make my own destiny. I work hard and play harder. Luck is for pussies, karma for idiots. Me, I make shit happen.

Meeting her fucked up my plan. Threw me off my game.

I'm now face to face with my karma. Her name is Kat Rollins.

Kat

Ryker Eddison is the epitome of a player. You know the type: Mr. Get In and Get Out.

He's all about the chase, wanting just one night. Everyone knows this, I know this. Still, I find myself craving him, my greedy body betraying what my heart and mind already know: he will only bring me pain.

He's the guy that girls like me should avoid. I'm smart, I know better. But when I'm with him, I feel things I’ve never felt before. Things I never knew I wanted.

I can't deny it … I like the chase. The high is explosive but I'm afraid if I give in, I may end up losing more than I can handle: my heart.






Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK / CA






Excerpt


Kat

“Where do you want to sit, Kat?” Beth asks, and I scan the library for an open table closest to one of the exits. The girls are more than aware of my little quirks since the fire, so they usually allow me to choose our spot when out together. We’ve been spending a lot of time all together, so it’s something I’ve been very open about. I’m so lucky to have met them, because they have all been more than understanding about everything, including my dad adding the extra safety gear around the house.

Once we're settled at the long study table, Radha, Beth, Jenn, Laurie, and I pop open our laptops with the intention of finishing up our research notes that we need for our essays.

“God, this inquiry stuff is killing me. I feel like we’ve been working on it forever. Have you had any luck finding good journal artic—” Jenn interrupts her own words and I look to where she’s staring. “Holy cheese monkeys! Look at that fucking guy over by the reserve desk; holy rainbows, he’s pretty.” She all but drools. I see who she’s talking about and immediately my heart begins to pick up its pace.

Really? Really? Does he need to be everywhere I am?

“Oh, shit, guys, look down, and just keep looking down. Please, do not draw attention to us.”

“Kat, are you batshit loopy or what? ‘Don’t draw attention?’ Hell, girl, I wanna rip my fucking clothes off and ask him to go bag me in the stacks over there, ‘cause hot damn, woman, that man is fine, and I would like to fuck —a lot,” Radha shares while she’s fanning herself, sinking further and further into her chair.

“First of all, you need to stop hanging around Claire, Radha. You just freaked me the hell out with that Claire-ism. Next thing I know, you’ll be calling me Jedi or grasshopper.” I try to stifle my laugh because it was really quite funny. “Second, that over there is none other than Ryker Eddison. The torturer of all things Kat Rollins. So, yeah, keep it the fuck down, ladies. I do not need him to see me.” I sigh in defeat as the fuckers do exactly what I just asked them not to.

“OH, MY GOD, KAT!” Beth shouts.

“No way! He is sooo fucking hot,” Beth and Laurie practically yell in unison. Perfect. Draw attention to us, to me.

“Guys, this is a library. Please shut up! I said I do not want him to see me,” I plead a bit louder.

“Holy snickerdoodles, Kat. Claire is right; you need to tap that!” Laurie is now looking right at him.

“Please, Laur, keep your voice down. Stop gawking,” I mutter, my eyes still looking downcast at the keys of my laptop.

“Ohh shit, Kat, he’s on the move. He’s looking this way. Jesus, he really is fine with a capital F for fuck me,” laughs Beth.

I want to throat-punch her. Please don’t see me. Please don’t see me. Unwillingly, my brain is an asshole and shuts down as I seek Ryker out. I can’t help it. It’s like I just need to see him. Lifting my head, I gasp in an immediate breath as Ryker Eddison is staring at me. He’s like ten feet in front of our table, and he’s just standing there, like the beautiful Adonis he is. Finally, as my eyes make their way from his shoes back up to his eyes, I suddenly feel the urge to smoke, because for the first time in my life, I, Kat Rollins, Miss Uptight, just eye-fucked a man. Not only in public, but with my friends sitting beside me giggling at my blatant display of appreciation. As our eyes meet, his go wide before he nods and gives me the biggest shit-eating grin known to man. All before he mouths, I see you too, baby, without anyone seeing him and saunters out the library doors, leaving me speechless.

“Well, that was just all kinds of hot. Jesus, Kat. That was the sexiest eye-fuck I have ever seen. Tell us again how you don’t wanna tap that,” Laurie basically calls me out. After telling them all about my recent Ryker experiences, we finally manage to get a bit of work done. Well, they do.





Elaine's Review:
I was given an ARC for an honest review for Elaine and Tami's JB3 Blackbirds and for Gillian Jones debut novel it was awesome. This is such a wonderful story that I just didn't want to put the book down. Every time that someone or something interrupted me I wanted to scream. If I could I would give this author 10 stars.
Kat and Ryker were meant to be together one way or another, it hurt to watch them go through so much in their own minds to finally get to one another. The emotions really run high through out this whole book.
This is a must read in my book.



Author Bio

I'm a wife, and mother. My Mind's Eye is my first book writing adventure! Eeeeek! I'm Canadian so I might spell things a little odd once in a while ;) I love red wine, adore my friends and I'm so completely in love with my hubby and little boy. I'm addicted to shoe shopping! But my biggest addiction however is reading. That shit runs deep in my veins, I'm a lover of alpha males, hot sex, with a side of angst all topped off with the happy ever after. I'm a new indie author and I can't wait to start this journey.



Author Links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dangerous Intentions (His Agenda #2) by Dori Lavelle

Jett by Sawyer Bennett

The Hookup Equation by Roxi Noir